I came up with one main conclusion - I know a lot of inspiring people! It was wonderful to read about peoples hopes and dreams for the new year, and I decided to write a bucket list for 2012, to really make sure I make the most of it - I don't know about you, but I often find that a year flashes by without me really thinking about it . . .
So after many hours of thinking, and procrastinating (I am an expert in this area!), and wondering whether I would really keep a diary if push came to shove, if I really could give up eating chocolate, and drinking red wine, I came up with the following:-
- Be kinder to myself - recognise when I need time to myself and when people are taking more than I feel comfortable with . . . I'm a natural giver, and find it a real struggle to say no sometimes, without the major guilt trip after . . .
- Take time to enjoy the small things in life . . . be it a cup of tea made by Mr Seeded every morning, or a simple smile in the street from a stranger . . .
- Make more time for family, and really get to know my parents as individuals, rather than parents . . . both live quite far away, and I really want to make sure that we don't lose our links as my life gets busier and more hectic . . .
- Be inspired daily by others and the beauty around me - really take time to smell the sea air, appreciate the colours in nature that are immediately around me . . .
- Get creative! I have an art degree which I do nothing with, and its about time I start using it . . . I have no idea where to start, but this is the year!
Love to you all, Ax