I had been completely torn over starting the new job, and wanting to carry on with the buttons to the extent that I was . . . I had a conversation with the fabulous Marna from Little A Designs, where I said that I felt like my inner child had been fed fizzy pop and sweets all day, then been told to go to bed . . . I just wanted to throw a massive tantrum, and do what I wanted to do, rather than the grown up thing to do . . .
I have met so many wonderful people via the buttons and Facebook, that it just didn't seem right . . . Yet the overwhelming feeling of letting people down, and letting the button page drift away was just so intense, I just didn't want to part with it yet . . .
Ive now been in the job for a month, and all seems to be going well - its busy, but I have time to do things, and there is a post office on site, so I know I can pop things in the post to you all regularly . . .
I have also come up with a set of commitments to you and the button page, so I can ensure I am fulfilling my side of the bargain . . .
- There will be a weekly button sale, and if I can't make it, I will update it accordingly
- These sales, and any others, will all be in the events page, so you can see when they will be
- I will endeavour to get the invoices out within 24 hours
- I will reply to emails within 24 hours, but if you haven't heard from me, please do give me a nudge!
- I will be open and honest with you about my workload, and if I can't do it, will tell you so
- I also want to try and do a monthly web chat - would anyone be up for that?
In return, I hope you will be open and honest with me - is that a fair swap ;)
I just hope you are all still out there . . . Are you?
Much love, Ax